Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mid-point Reflection

My Intership have not been different from my expectations. I expected to be given a computer, a desk, I expected to work with many other teens and it all happened. Comparing to my school is quite the same, especially with having many people from different background. There are from many different places: we have Africans writers, Polish writer, Spanish writers, Asian and American writers. I can say that I've grown regarding working with professional adults. I know how to work with them and how to behave in professional manners. I think I also gained a little of non-verbal communication skills. Some challenges that I overcome is that I began to get distracted and bored easily so what I did is that I brought my cell phone with me so I can listen to music while working, it really helps me stay focus and I get a lot more work done this way.
Because of my new shcedule, I began to miss a lot of school work especially Homeworks. In the reamaining five weeks, my goals is to fininish all the stories that I am writing.
Some new thing that I learn about New York City is that, it is the land of opportunity for real!

No comments:

Post a Comment